Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Karaoke A-List: DON'T JUDGE ME!

In my last blog post, I talked about the THREE P's (Portable Power Provided) and how they can make your camping trip much more memorable for all your guests.  I mentioned that providing portable power means you can also have an outdoor karaoke night, and I also mentioned that I would share my list of go-to songs.  So here it is folks... I call this list...



Here are my all-time top 10 favorite karaoke songs starting from 10.  Please don't judge me, haha!

10.  "A Whole New World" - Aladdin


You might think I'm putting this song in here for the kids, but I'm not.  There is nothing funnier than watching and listening to a bunch of grown men sing this song.  If you don't kick off your karaoke night with a Disney song then you don't know what you are missing.  The best part to this song is when you realize that half the men want to sing the female verse as well.  Go Disney or go home.

You won't regret it.


9.  "My Way" - Frank Sinatra

There just wouldn't be a proper karaoke playlist without this song.  In fact, it might even be the true #1 karaoke song in Asia.  The only problem with this song is that every guy in the room wants to sing it solo... so you better draw straws before it gets ugly!  Either that or put your fists up!

8.  "Build Me Up Buttercup" - The Foundations

No better way to break up a fight over a Sinatra song than backing it up with some romantic upbeat classic pop song, especially one that everyone knows.  And when everyone sings the part that goes "why do you...", then pick someone to point to!  It's a good interactive song!

7.  "Rock 'n Roll All Night" - Kiss
I would paint my face black and white just to sing this song.  This song is an excuse to stick your tongue out and not feel ashamed.

6.  "Satisfaction" - Rolling Stones

Because everyone knows this song and it truly is pure Satisfaction.  The rumble from a whole crowd of people screaming at the top of their lungs singing "I CAN'T GET NO!!!!!" makes it difficult to refrain from joining in.


5.  "Zombie" - The Cranberries

Are you a Walking Dead fan?  Are you preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse? Then this song is for you.  The Cranberries are one of the greatest Irish rock bands of all time with one of the most unique and talented female vocalists of all time.  Towards the end of the song, the vocals die down and there is a light guitar solo which lasts just long enough for everyone to top off their drinks and do a toast before the next song plays.  Thank you Cranberries for being so considerate!

4. "Careless Whisper" - George Michael

Before you say anything, you should watch this viral video.  That is all.


3. "Hello" - Lionel Richie


Have you seen the music video to this song?  It is officially the creepiest, strangest, most awkward music video of all time.  Lionel Richie stalking his blind student and following her and staring at her everywhere she goes.  The awkwardness of this music video makes the song a karaoke hit.  Stare deep into your lover's eyes and sing it with me... "Hello!!!!!! Is it me you're looking for???"

2.  "Hotel California" - Eagles

This is one of the harder songs to sing, but a classic nonetheless, so I tend to sing it towards the end of the night when my voice is already starting to crack.  It's a tactic I like to use so that people can truly feel my intensity.  Try it during your next karaoke session and even when your are barely reaching the high notes, glance at your audience and you'll see the approval in their eyes.

1. "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

This is my all-time favorite karaoke song.  You can't end a karaoke session unless you end it with one of Freddie Mercury's greatest hits.  There is no need to explain myself here.  Wayne's World knows what I'm talking about.  Dig deep into your inner-Karaoke Star and make Mr. Mercury proud.

To make your camping trip more memorable, order a solar generator now, and have the greatest outdoor karaoke experience of your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment